none
How to have html files display the same in Explorer and Chrome RRS feed

• Question

• I have built all my html files in expression web 4 and we have always displayed them using Explorer. Now that Explorer is coming to end of life we will be switching to Chrome. The problem is most of my pages do not display the same. Example I have an html page that has a list of links in it. The page was set up to display in the center of the page on one top of another.  But when I display it in Chrome they are all the over to the left.  Can someone point me in the direction where I can learn how to design a page in expression web so that the layout I see in the design mode of expression web will match how I see it in chrome?
    Monday, April 29, 2019 2:04 PM

Answers

• Use standards compliant styling and they will display the same in modern browsers (even IE, for most things). Chrome is intolerant of some deprecated practices that other browsers still display as you intended.

We can't tell you exactly what you did that isn't standards compliant until you post a link to the page you are talking about.

By the way, you should always check your pages by previewing them in all the commonly used browsers, since you have no control over what browser your visitors use.  At a minimum use Chrome and Firefox, but include Opera, Edge, and the latest/last IE.

If you don't already, you should also consider what the site looks like on a phone, since more and more people are browsing the web on their phone, but that's another level of discussion.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

• Edited by KathyW2 Monday, April 29, 2019 5:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by wgraulich Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:02 PM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 5:18 PM