none
Expression Web 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Can I Build a Good web site using only "Expression Web 2" like the fount Page WYSIWYG or Do I have to buy the Complete "Expression Studio 2 " ???
    Thanks
    DocWhit
    docwhit@gmail.com
    Friday, September 5, 2008 3:19 PM

Answers

• You do not need the entire Expression Studio to design a web site.  EW2 is what you are looking for if you are trying to move from FrontPage.

If you currently have Adobe/Macromedia's Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, Flash or Director, GoLive, Microsoft Office or Microsoft FrontPage, you can get EW2 at the "upgrade" price, currently $85.99 on amazon.com.
    • Marked as answer by DocWhit Friday, September 5, 2008 4:08 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by DocWhit Friday, September 5, 2008 4:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lori DirksModerator Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:55 PM
    Friday, September 5, 2008 3:27 PM
  • Doc,

In a word: Absolutely!

As your needs change and you need to include other types of media or capabilities, the entire suite may work for you. EW2 is a great program that will allow you to design and build a nice site.

If you will be working with images for your site, a good image editor will be very, very helpful.

-Preston
    Columbia, CA. USA
    Friday, September 5, 2008 3:29 PM
  • Definitely use EW2, not EW1.  Read the text on Amazon, and you'll see it lists the programs that qualify you for the upgrade price on EW2, and FrontPage is one of them.
    Friday, September 5, 2008 4:45 PM

All replies

• You do not need the entire Expression Studio to design a web site.  EW2 is what you are looking for if you are trying to move from FrontPage.

If you currently have Adobe/Macromedia's Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, Flash or Director, GoLive, Microsoft Office or Microsoft FrontPage, you can get EW2 at the "upgrade" price, currently $85.99 on amazon.com.
    Friday, September 5, 2008 3:27 PM
  • Doc,

In a word: Absolutely!

As your needs change and you need to include other types of media or capabilities, the entire suite may work for you. EW2 is a great program that will allow you to design and build a nice site.

If you will be working with images for your site, a good image editor will be very, very helpful.

-Preston
    Columbia, CA. USA
    Friday, September 5, 2008 3:29 PM
  • Thank you very much ... I have the old version Front Page 2000 4.0.2.3821 would I have to use the Microsoft Expression Web Upgrade from FrontPage [OLD VERSION] "  or can I use the " Microsoft Expression Web 2 Upgrade at Amazon for $85.99 "??
    Thanks
    DocWhit
    Friday, September 5, 2008 4:16 PM
  • Thank you very much ... I have the old version Front Page 2000 4.0.2.3821 would I have to use the Microsoft Expression Web Upgrade from FrontPage [OLD VERSION] "  or can I use the " Microsoft Expression Web 2 Upgrade at Amazon for $85.99 "??
    Thanks
    DocWhit
    Friday, September 5, 2008 4:17 PM
  • Definitely use EW2, not EW1.  Read the text on Amazon, and you'll see it lists the programs that qualify you for the upgrade price on EW2, and FrontPage is one of them.
    Friday, September 5, 2008 4:45 PM