none
Can't see the head element RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

sorry for this stupid question: Downloaded Expression Web 4 yesterday - and added Google Analytics gtag to the head of a site yesterday. All fine. Works.

Today I wanted to to the same for another website (which is ultra short and just text):
    But even with 1h of trying EVERYTHING I just can't make that the head element is being displayed (can't see the meta tags for example). The HTML code that the software shows me starts with the body.

Yes: I am in "Code". And yes: the html code does have meta tags (I see them in "Kompozer"). I just find no way to make them visible in Web 4 .....

And yes: I also searched this forum.

Strangest thing: I haven't CHANGED anything since I downloaded and used the software yesterday.

Thanks for helping me!

• Edited by Intdominc Friday, May 31, 2019 9:30 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2019 9:29 AM

All replies

• There is no way we can answer this from your post.  Only you know the structure of the site you are looking at.  If no <head> tag shows in EW's design view, there is no <head> tag on that page.  Is there any reason for you to think there ever was?   Open the html file in NotePad and see what it actually has in it.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Saturday, June 1, 2019 8:04 PM