none
Saving my files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone. This is a short question but i just don't know how to solve it. It seems that my Web Expresssion 4 can't save my file of any kind. I click on the save as button but nothing happens. I've tried to uninstall and to install again but with no effect. Please help 
    Saturday, December 23, 2017 12:51 PM

All replies

• Are opening / working on a local website, or are you working with an online website?

ClarkNK AKA HomePage Doctor
    Database Tutorials Using ASP.NET Controls
    My recommended web hosting company: RDOServers

Saturday, December 23, 2017 8:32 PM
  • When you say "nothing happens", what exactly do you mean?  If you click on the save icon, nothing visually happens, but the file is saved with its current name.   What isn't happening that you expect to happen?

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

• Edited by KathyW2 Friday, December 29, 2017 1:52 AM
    Friday, December 29, 2017 1:52 AM
  • Kathy, since there is no "Save As..." icon (unless you create a custom toolbar), apparently the OP is not talking about the "Save" icon, but the "Save As..." menu "button," in which case the OP expects to see a "Save As" dialog appear with the current file name highlighted for instant replacement.

Of course, since they haven't deigned to return to the thread in a week, we will apparently not receive any clarification as to exactly what they did mean.

Oh, well...

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Sunday, December 31, 2017 8:29 PM
  • Scott, since there is no "Save as" button, I assume the OP meant the "Save" button, and answered accordingly.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Monday, January 1, 2018 7:43 PM
  • Heh -- who knows. It could be as simple as maybe the OP creates a new page and does a File / Save As and then expects to see it arranged in the the file list alphabetically, and doesn't scroll to the bottom of the list to see that it is actually there.

ClarkNK AKA HomePage Doctor
    Database Tutorials Using ASP.NET Controls
    My recommended web hosting company: RDOServers

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 4:36 AM