none
IFrame HTML file does not display in Chrome RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an html file with Iframes in the past and had no problem displaying them in chrome. But today I created a new html file with 6 IFrames in it and when I display it in Explorer it loads fine. But when I launch it in Chrome I see the Iframes but there is no data within the frames. I have been searching for an answer but can not find anything that fixes the problem.  I was hoping someone can point me in the right directions.  I am using expression web 4 to build the html file, I am using Explorer11 version 11.228.17134.0 and it works in that, but it does not show the data in the IFrame in Chrome version 73.03683 64bit.  And the odd part is my old Iframe files still load fine in Chrome, but any new ones I create do not.  Any help on this would be appreciated. Additionally, when I preview the page thru Expression Web 4 using chrome it displays properly.  But when I launch the page directly from chrome I still only see the frames.  I do not see the data within the frames.
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
    <title>Untitled 1</title>
    </head>

<body>

<p>
    <iframe id="I1" height="570" name="I1" src="file:///P:/Desk%20Reference/DISPATCH%20CHEAT%20SHEETS/RADIO%20ID%20WITH%20PHONE%20EXTENTIONS.PNG" width="937">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
    			</iframe>
    <iframe id="I2" height="570" name="I2" src="file:///P:/Desk%20Reference/DISPATCH%20CHEAT%20SHEETS/PHONE%20MAP%20AND%20HOSPITAL%20CODES.PNG" width="937">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
    			</iframe>
    <iframe id="I5" height="370" name="I5" src="file:///P:/Desk%20Reference/DISPATCH%20CHEAT%20SHEETS/ProQA%20Medical%20Protocols.PNG" width="937">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
    			</iframe>
    <iframe id="I6" height="370" name="I6" src="file:///P:/Desk%20Reference/DISPATCH%20CHEAT%20SHEETS/ProQA%20Law%20Protocols.PNG" width="937">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
    			</iframe></p>

<iframe id="I3" height="350" name="I3" src="file:///P:/Desk%20Reference/DISPATCH%20CHEAT%20SHEETS/Abstracts%20and%20Fanwood%20Parking.pdf" width="937">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
    			</iframe>
    <iframe id="I4" height="350" name="I4" src="file:///P:/Desk%20Reference/DISPATCH%20CHEAT%20SHEETS/EMS%20units%20coverage%20and%20hospital%20codes.PNG" width="937">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
    			</iframe>

</body>

</html>

• Edited by wgraulich Monday, April 29, 2019 1:44 PM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 1:18 PM

Answers

• Thanks for that it solved the problem of previewing in Chrome via Expression Web.  Also I figured out why the Iframes were not displaying the data.  We are using the website as an intranet service for security reasons.  In Explorer I could display the Iframes even if the files were stored outside of webservice, but Chrome does not allow this for security reasons.  Once I move the files within the webservice folder the Iframes are working fine now. 

Thanks for your help!

• Marked as answer by wgraulich Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:01 PM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:01 PM

All replies

• "Additionally, when I preview the page thru Expression Web 4 using chrome it displays properly.  But when I launch the page directly from chrome I still only see the frames.  I do not see the data within the frames."

Do you have your site settings set to preview all pages using the development server?  In that case when you preview it in EW, with Chrome, you are running on on the development server.

If you open an html page on your PC with a browser, you are not running it from a server.  That can result in different behavior.

Running it using a server is the correct method, and represents how it will work on your published site.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Monday, April 29, 2019 11:17 PM
  • Thanks for that it solved the problem of previewing in Chrome via Expression Web.  Also I figured out why the Iframes were not displaying the data.  We are using the website as an intranet service for security reasons.  In Explorer I could display the Iframes even if the files were stored outside of webservice, but Chrome does not allow this for security reasons.  Once I move the files within the webservice folder the Iframes are working fine now. 

Thanks for your help!

• Marked as answer by wgraulich Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:01 PM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:01 PM