none
Expression Web 4 not displaying correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Ever since my laptop updated to build 18362 Expression Web 4 will not display the user interface correctly.  Parts of the IDE don't display, the top menu bar is gone,  some options are grayed out, and some text seems to be missing.  I've uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and the problem remains.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:19 AM

All replies

• I have windows build 18362.418 and EW4 displays just fine, on three different computers.  I can't make a guess about what's going on with your computer.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hello,

Ever since my laptop updated to build 18362 Expression Web 4 will not display the user interface correctly.  Parts of the IDE don't display, the top menu bar is gone,  some options are grayed out, and some text seems to be missing.  I've uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and the problem remains.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I'm running version 1903 (build 18362.418) and not seeing any problems.
    I think you might have to use Windows Restore to go back before the update to make sure that's what's causing your problems.

v1909 is due any minute! FWIW I always update a backup PC and test EW4 before letting the big 'feature' updates install on my main machine - just in case!

If might be worth posting some images to show the problem in case it helps others see what's going on.
    Let us know how things go.
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:43 AM