none
WACK Failure: API CoCreateInstance in api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll is not supported for this application type RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting this error while running the WACK certification process:

Supported APIs

• Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
      • API CoCreateInstance in api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll is not supported for this application type. Dead Pixel Checker.dll calls this API.
    • Impact if not fixed:     Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps violates the Windows Store certification requirements.  
    • How to fix:     Review the error messages to identify the API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps. Please note, C++ apps that are built in a debug configuration will fail this test even if it only uses APIs from the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps.    See the link below for more information:  

I have no idea where this is being called from.

The code is compiled as .NET Native and is a Universal family app. It compiles correctly, runs correctly, but fails the certification on my machine.

I am running Visual Studio 2015 Pro with all the latest updates, as of now.

I am not knowingly using the offending API and there seems little info on the internet relating to this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Edited by Katie1348 Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:46 PM 2-15 = 2015
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:45 PM

Answers

• I have no idea what causes this, but I uploaded my bundle to the app store and had them run the app approval process.

The funny thing was that it failed for containing debug code! Not for the API reference above.

I still don't know what caused this problem, but I have managed to resolve it.

Also, for App Store Submission, you need to make sure that in release mode:

o Optimize is ticked
    o .NET Native is ticked

It is important that this is true for ALL the build targets as they are all individually controlled by their build settings. Even when run from the Project->Store->Create Bundle menu item.

The problem is solved, but I don't know what caused it, so this is not a totally satisfactory solution.

I hope this helps someone.

• Marked as answer by Katie1348 Friday, October 2, 2015 8:18 AM
    Friday, October 2, 2015 8:18 AM

All replies

• I have no idea what causes this, but I uploaded my bundle to the app store and had them run the app approval process.

The funny thing was that it failed for containing debug code! Not for the API reference above.

I still don't know what caused this problem, but I have managed to resolve it.

Also, for App Store Submission, you need to make sure that in release mode:

o Optimize is ticked
    o .NET Native is ticked

It is important that this is true for ALL the build targets as they are all individually controlled by their build settings. Even when run from the Project->Store->Create Bundle menu item.

The problem is solved, but I don't know what caused it, so this is not a totally satisfactory solution.

I hope this helps someone.

• Marked as answer by Katie1348 Friday, October 2, 2015 8:18 AM
    Friday, October 2, 2015 8:18 AM
  • Hi Katie -- I am having this same issue.  Unfortunately, I cannot get my app to pass local WACK.
    Monday, January 4, 2016 6:57 PM
  • I had the same error while porting applications, and release with .net native was fine.

But i ignored fails in wack about assets, but when I could not find a solution to the problem

API CoCreateInstance in api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll in WACK.

I decided to complete the assets. and then again make new packages. WACK then return me new result pass everything and error has disappeared.

Hope that helps :)

Friday, February 26, 2016 3:14 PM
  • Hi friends,

me also having the same issue, i searched in google the solution is to enable " Compile with .NET Native Tool Chain " in Project >> Properties >> Build. Windows app or UWP should be build in release mode. Thing is i can't getting that option in my IDE ( Visual Studio 2015 Community ). How should i enable it.

Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:05 PM
  • I have the same problem...trying to figure out where went wrong...
    Sunday, April 8, 2018 6:57 AM
  • Same problem here. Getting this error when running WACK:

Windows App Certification Kit - Test Results
    App name:
    EStopDeviceManagerXamarin.UI.UWP
    App publisher:
    78e556f1-b306-46c5-a595-41dbd7543813
    App version:
    App Architecture:
    x64
    Kit Version:
    OS Version:
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134.0)
    OS Architecture:
    x64
    Report time:
    10/15/2018 3:25:01 PM

Overall result: FAILED

Deployment and launch tests

PASSED
    Bytecode generation

PASSED
    Background tasks cancelation handler

PASSED
    Platform version launch

PASSED
    App launch

PASSED
    Crashes and hangs

Package compliance test

PASSED
    Application count

PASSED
    App manifest

PASSED
    Bundle manifest

PASSED
    Package size

PASSED
    Resource Packages

PASSED
    Restricted namespace

Windows security features test

PASSED
    Binary analyzer

PASSED
    Banned file analyzer

PASSED
    Private code signing

Supported API test

FAILED
    Supported APIs
    • Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
      • API CoCreateInstance in api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll is not supported for this application type. EStopDeviceManagerXamarin.UI.UWP.dll calls this API.
    • Impact if not fixed: Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store apps violates the Microsoft Store certification requirements.
    • How to fix: Review the error messages to identify the API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store apps. Please note, apps that are built in a debug configuration or without .NET Native enabled (where applicable) can fail this test as these environments may pull in unsupported APIs. Retest your app in a release configuration, and with .NET Native enabled if applicable. See the link below for more information:

App manifest resources tests

PASSED
    App resources

PASSED
    Branding

Debug configuration test

PASSED
    Debug configuration

File encoding test

PASSED
    UTF-8 file encoding

App Capabilities test