Change the target site/ list url for publishing infopath form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to change the target url of my infopath form. this form is attached with a list. Later I need to change the publishing Url How can I achieve it ? Plz help !!

Thanks in advance  !

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi NigiyanakaDave,

Once published to a list we can not change the Target Url. If you have to publish as a content type or admin approved forms then you have a change to change the target list or library URL.

Alternatively if you want you can take that list save as site template and create a new list automatically that infopath form will come.

Regards,

Jithendar

• Marked as answer by nigiyakanaDave Wednesday, January 7, 2015 6:10 AM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 9:21 AM
  • Hi Jitender

Thanks for the reply.

But I want my template (.xsn) file to be used for different list at some other O365 tenant. Since now I have saved my template file in my hard disk so I want to reuse & further modify it by publishing to a separate site's list.

Few blogs claims it is possible by extracting template.xsn  to .cab file. and some other stuffs but nothing worked for me. But I think there should be some work around . !!

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/17383/infopath-change-publish-location

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 10:56 AM
  • nigiyakanaDave,

The trick is to edit the manifest.xsf file directly. This includes those errant links pointing back to the development environment. The xsf file is actually an XML file and you can edit that with any old text editor.

Note that you need to extract the CAB file's contents to another folder. Windows won't allow you to edit the XSF file directly.

One quick way to edit the file is open notepad and then drag the .xsf file into it. When you do that, you'll see the XML content

Courtesy Links: 

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi NigiyanakaDave,

Once published to a list we can not change the Target Url. If you have to publish as a content type or admin approved forms then you have a change to change the target list or library URL.

Alternatively if you want you can take that list save as site template and create a new list automatically that infopath form will come.

Regards,

Jithendar

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 9:21 AM
  • Hi Jitender

Thanks for the reply.

But I want my template (.xsn) file to be used for different list at some other O365 tenant. Since now I have saved my template file in my hard disk so I want to reuse & further modify it by publishing to a separate site's list.

Few blogs claims it is possible by extracting template.xsn  to .cab file. and some other stuffs but nothing worked for me. But I think there should be some work around . !!

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/17383/infopath-change-publish-location

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 10:56 AM
  • nigiyakanaDave,

The trick is to edit the manifest.xsf file directly. This includes those errant links pointing back to the development environment. The xsf file is actually an XML file and you can edit that with any old text editor.

Note that you need to extract the CAB file's contents to another folder. Windows won't allow you to edit the XSF file directly.

One quick way to edit the file is open notepad and then drag the .xsf file into it. When you do that, you'll see the XML content

Courtesy Links: 

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:48 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked in 15 hive logs and found the error details as below,

Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service encountered an error executing a stored procedure for database key 844e4dc9cb00409ab5ae7eb927718430_b49b4ead0f1949deac534a84a41d7746. 

Details: Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase.  The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=2; handshake=2; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=1; [Post-Login] complete=15003;

But we are not facing any connection issue. We have done the UDL test and it worked fine.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Krishna

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 5:32 AM
  • Hi nigiyakanaDave,

Did you try this option from the link you mentioned - http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/17383/infopath-change-publish-location

"A workaround, is to save your List as a template and create it somewhere else. You can now also Download the form again from the newly created list and modify it as you want."

This worked for me.

Thursday, December 17, 2015 6:14 PM
  • your infopath form must have already published on your list. to replicate

1. Go to sharepoint site

2. save the old list as a template

3. create a new list based on the saved template, (use a different name of course)

4. open infopath, put the link of the new list and choose modify existing form or list. select the new list that you just created.

5. now you have replicated the infopath form on the new list.

Friday, July 7, 2017 1:40 AM