none
Install Visual Studio 2017 in windows 7 RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hi,

I have downloaded Visual Studio 2017 via the web to install it on Windows 7 Ultimate ServiPack 1.
    When the download has finished in my d:\visualstudio2017 directory, I run the vs_Enterprise.exe installer and a window opens that says:

We're almost there ...
    Downloaded
    Installed

but it closes and the installation process ends.
    Does anyone know the reason for this behavior and the possible solution? thank you very much

Regards

martes, 13 de octubre de 2020 19:44

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

1. Open the prompt(CMD) with administration rights
    2. Check if you have the "InstallCleanup.exe" file inside the folder "%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\layout\". If the file is there then go to step 7
    3. Manually delete the "%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer” folder
    4. Relaunch the newly downloaded visual studio installer
    5. Allow the first step to install the installer
    6. Once the installer comes up and you can see workload choices (.net desktop and the like), close it
    7. inside CMD navigate to the folder "%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\layout\"
    8. run this command: "InstallCleanup.exe -full"

that's it. Just run the installer again.

martes, 13 de octubre de 2020 21:23
    Moderador
  • Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the reply.
    Keep doing the same, the window closes and the installation process ends without being installed.
    The installer is vs_Enterprise.exe

Regards

miércoles, 14 de octubre de 2020 8:16
  • Hi YouNeverCanTell

Well for this, looks like it is a more advanced issue. Maybe we'll require you to share your logs of the instalation but you have to do it in a more safety community. Please open your feedback ticket in the Developer Community.

VS Dev Comm

Regards

miércoles, 14 de octubre de 2020 20:53
    Moderador