none
Access: Run two called programs (using Shell) from one calling program. RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Some help to solve the following?

Scenario 1:

Normally with one “Shell” I will have 2 programs in memory (1 calling program and 1 called program).

The calling program is not a problem (when I make the call it is practically finished).

The called program is my problem (too much execution time) because:

• The problem is not the input (2,000 records are not so much),
    •  The real problem is the process: each record represent a product (with a structure below composed by 100 parts disposed in 5 levels) that I must explode in order to determine the “Low Level Code”.

Scenario 2:

I know that with two “Shell” I will have 3 programs in memory (1 calling program and 2 called programs).

The calling program is not a problem (when I make the call it is practically finished).

The 2 called programs will do the same (add records to the same output file) but will have half input (1,000 records each one).

The 2 called programs will run at the same time.

My questions are:

1. With a Dual-Core PC, there is a way to run the first called program in one Core and the second called program in the other Core?

2. If the two called programs must run in one Core only, will help to have more memory?

3. And finally and more important: If the scenario 1 will take 10 hours to finish, is it correct to suppose that the scenario 2 will take about half time?

Best regards
    jueves, 4 de junio de 2015 17:37