TFS and SQL 2012 AlwaysOn Availability Groups RRS feed

• Pregunta

• http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh510230%28v=sql.110%29.aspx

Is this / will this be a supported scenario for TFS collections?

Chris

Christoph Wille - Glengamoi Alumni - Realnamen sind ein Gebot der Höflichkeit in der Community

lunes, 12 de marzo de 2012 17:28

Respuestas

• Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I didn’t find anything in MSDN or TFS documentation to ensure that TFS 2010 is compatible with the SQL Server 2012. I think the TFS product team are testing TFS 2010 with SQL Server 2012, but we are not looking to change TFS 2010 if it does not work with SQL Server 2012. 

If there have any official document to confirm this feature work in TFS database in the future, I will share the information here.   

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 3:44
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas

• Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your post.

According that document, the AlwaysOn Availability Groups is a feature in SQL Server 2012.

If you want there has an “equivalent” feature support on TFS Collection, I suggest you submit it as a suggestion to User Voice site at: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

John Qiao [MSFT]

martes, 13 de marzo de 2012 3:03
    Moderador
  • Hi Chris, 

If misunderstood anything, please describe your question in more detail and we will be able to provide the better responses.

John Qiao [MSFT]

miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 6:36
    Moderador
  • The question was / is - is using this feature supported with TFS databases?

Chris

Christoph Wille - Glengamoi Alumni - Realnamen sind ein Gebot der Höflichkeit in der Community

miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 18:40
  • Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I didn’t find anything in MSDN or TFS documentation to ensure that TFS 2010 is compatible with the SQL Server 2012. I think the TFS product team are testing TFS 2010 with SQL Server 2012, but we are not looking to change TFS 2010 if it does not work with SQL Server 2012. 

If there have any official document to confirm this feature work in TFS database in the future, I will share the information here.   

John Qiao [MSFT]

jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 3:44
    Moderador
  • TFS 2012 will work with SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn.

Brian

martes, 25 de septiembre de 2012 14:04