none
Project server 2013 migration RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hi there!

I am recently migrated from Project Server 2010 to Project Server 2013 and I am finding some issues that keep be really worried:

1) After set up the manage account settings on MS Project Professional 2013, I can not open a project from PWA2013 to Project Professional2013. The fact is that I can do that if previously I open a blank Project Profesional2013 and minimize it. Also, I can open a Project from Project Profesional2013 connecting to the folder server. The mistake that I get connecting is 'project professional 2013 needs to be online in order to open your project. set project to connect to project web app and try again'. I tried several things such as: reinstall project professional 2013 not using upgrade mode, opening pwa with different browsers etc. I am administrator on PWA too

2) After migration, we observed that the OLAP cubes that we have in 2010 are there but the build does not work. We upgraded the sql server to 2012 and in the cube settings we changes the server name (ges-rs\epm) and the database name. It fails building the cubes and in the database that it creates the permission section is empty

I would appreciate all your help, this migration is being so awful! :)

Thanks!!

martes, 5 de agosto de 2014 7:10

Todas las respuestas

• Hi there!

I am recently migrated from Project Server 2010 to Project Server 2013 and I am finding some issues that keep be really worried:

1) After set up the manage account settings on MS Project Professional 2013, I can not open a project from PWA2013 to Project Professional2013. The fact is that I can do that if previously I open a blank Project Profesional2013 and minimize it. Also, I can open a Project from Project Profesional2013 connecting to the folder server. The mistake that I get connecting is 'project professional 2013 needs to be online in order to open your project. set project to connect to project web app and try again'. I tried several things such as: reinstall project professional 2013 not using upgrade mode, opening pwa with different browsers etc. I am administrator on PWA too

2) After migration, we observed that the OLAP cubes that we have in 2010 are there but the build does not work. We upgraded the sql server to 2012 and in the cube settings we changes the server name (ges-rs\epm) and the database name. It fails building the cubes and in the database that it creates the permission section is empty

I would appreciate all your help, this migration is being so awful! :)

Thanks!!

Did you solved it? I'm stuck with the same problem...

Tiago Pratti

viernes, 30 de enero de 2015 12:08