none
GetPrinter and PRINTER_INFO_6 problems with network printer in Windows XP RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hello,

Well, my problem is that I'm not able to query the status of a network printer when I use the GetPrinter function and the PRINTER_INFO_6 level.

I always get the "System call level is not correct" error.

The problem don't appears if I try the function with a local printer.

I've even tried the setprinter tool from the resource kit of Microsoft: the same results. When I test this:

setprinter -show \\servername 6

... then I receive:

Unable to get current info for printer '\\Servername\the_printer'. Error Code 124.

How the status of a network printer must be queried under Windows XP?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Guillermo Fernandez 

jueves, 27 de enero de 2011 14:23

Todas las respuestas

• It seems a file sharing problem: your computer cannot reach the shared folder by any cause. Yes, you are trying to access to a printer, but that is treated as a file sharing.

Perhaps you do not have persmissions to do that (your account or your code), or perhaps destination machine is refusing connection due a firewall or becuase the admin account does not have password and then all shared access is denied...

They are only suggestions beceuse it's the first time I've seen that error code in a program...

MVP Visual C++ - Visita mi blog sobre desarrollo: http://geeks.ms/blogs/rfog/
    domingo, 30 de enero de 2011 10:29
  • I have the same problem here in our network, e.g.:

Printer (12 of 17): \\server1\Kyocera FS-C5300DN EDV Farbe
    Unable to get current info for printer '\\server1\Kyocera FS-C5300DN EDV Farbe'.
      Error code 124.
      "Die Ebene des Systemaufrufs ist falsch."

Printer (13 of 17): \\server1\Kyocera FS-C5300DN EDV
      dwStatus=""

It's the same physical printer but configured as two logical printers ( one for color printing and on for s/w printing )

Im getting the error for 5 of our 17 printers, and my user account is member of the domain admin group.
    It couldn't be a firewall issue either, but I only get these error codes running setprinter from a client workstation. Running setprinter directly on the server and everything is fine.

viernes, 30 de septiembre de 2011 7:29