flash dropdown menu instead of vb2005e menubar RRS feed

• Question

• Instead of a standard VB2005e menubar, can we use a flash drop down menu docked to the top of the form and run fscommands ? Are there any limitations using this method ? Will we lose any vb.net menubar functionality by doing it this way ?

Does anyone have any code samples for this ?

Thanks !

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:59 AM

All replies

• I dont think this is going to work unless the Flash drop down menu control is either a .NET control or a ActiveX control which will allow you to use them as controls on your form.   I've not seen anything like this (but I've not been specifically looking for it)

If you have a specific control in mind that you are intending to use then someone may have experience  specific to that but I'd probably check with any control vendor first.

As to whether you would lose menubar functionality - that is dependent upon what methods, events, properties etc. that the control you intend to use exposes to the developer.

If the standard menu bar functionality isnt giving you what you need then I'd check out some of the other menu components by doing a simple web search.

There is a flash control that you can use on you form but this is really for running flash that have already been created - much like a viewer rather than for developing flash code within VB.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:37 AM