none
Visual Studio Development – Productivity Enhancements in Visual Studio 2017 RC

General discussion

• Explore the new and improved features in Visual Studio 2017 RC, including easier navigation with GoTo and Find All References, enhancements to IntelliSense across C#, VB and XAML, and an expansion of live code analysis. Also covered is Live Unit Testing and improved debugging with the new exception helper.

Read this article in the Connect(); issue of MSDN Magazine

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:39 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Really want to try out the live unit testing feature, but I can't seem to make it turn on? I've tried both 'regular' unit test projects and adding xunit tests projects in a .net core solution?

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:29 PM
  • This is excellent. But, what about debugging SSIS Packages (BI Tools) using VSTA (Visual Studio Tools for Applications)?  And, what about a fully functional UML Model Explorer in Visual Studio? You know what I mean? It seems to me the excellent UML Model Explorer in Visio UML disappeared after 2010. The last good UML designers are in that Visio 2010 Premium edition.  The UML modelling is good in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate, but there are many missing schematic types and the UML Model organization is not effectively editable in a hierarchical fashion because the tree edges are not supplied as in Visio 2010 Premium. I had written a message to the program manager at the time.  Also, what about the Performance Point designers? How come there is no integrated TFS toolset for that produt? And how come the those designers are not integrated into Visual Studio 2017?

+__+

Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:55 PM
  • Hi Ant,

Live Unit Testing does not support .NET Core projects at this time. It only supports C# and VB projects targeting .NET desktop Frameworks. We do expect to add this support in future.

thanks

Manish Jayaswal [MSFT]

Friday, November 18, 2016 10:07 PM
  • It's not completely clear to me how many of the improved features apply to C++.  Could you clarify?
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:31 AM