locked
XSLT DataView filtering parameter RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    my XSLT Dataview is filtered through a QueryString parameter, this works nice. 

    But now the dropdown filters on each columns header is not working anymore, its empy.

    Is there any way to re-enable it by keeping my QueryString Filter?

    Thanks

    Daniel
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:13 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

     

    I think it is by design, if you filter the XSLT view using query string firstly in SPD, the value about the query string will not display in filtering value on column header. This is because you has used a filter criteria by query string, it will not filter the view using the value in column header.

     

    Hope it helps.


    Xue-Mei Chang
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:32 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Are the dropdowns there but contain no values, or are the dropdowns not there at all?  You should be able to change the settings in the Common Data View Tasks dialogs.

    M.
    Marc D Anderson - Sympraxis Consulting LLC - Marc D Anderson's Blog - @sympmarc
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:20 PM
  • The drop down are thre but empty. 

    Well, actually, they only contains the "Sort Ascending", "Sort Descending" and then the "Clear filter from [FieldName]" (which is disabled).

    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:26 PM
  • Can anyone help?  Please? :(

    Monday, August 10, 2009 1:16 PM
  • Are you working with a data view web part? When you say "drop downs" are you referring to dvwps where you changed the layout to be a dropdown and now the list the dvwp is looking to isn't showing any data in the dropdown? Where are you seeing the sort and clear filter options?

    Monday, August 10, 2009 2:25 PM
  • Basically what I want to do is to set a first filter from the URL Query String, then let the user filter using filters within the grid.

    Here is exactly what I did :

    - I have created a new ASPX page in SPDesigner from my custom masterpage.
    - Added a webpart zone
    - Inserted a Sharepoint list webpart into the Zone.
    - Right clicked on the list then "Convert To XSLT Data view"
    - Added a new parameter : "EntityURLParam", Parameter Source : "Query String"
    - Added a new filter where my "Entity" field = [EntityURLParam]

    The filter from the URL works well, but the filter in the data view is kinda broken, see the screenshot :

    http://tinypic.com/r/10ygd8k/3

    Thanks


    Monday, August 10, 2009 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

     

    I think it is by design, if you filter the XSLT view using query string firstly in SPD, the value about the query string will not display in filtering value on column header. This is because you has used a filter criteria by query string, it will not filter the view using the value in column header.

     

    Hope it helps.


    Xue-Mei Chang
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:32 AM
    Moderator
  • I solved it using XSLT filtering.
    I had the same problem, the header drop-down filters wouldn't load the filter choices after I added a QueryString parameter as filter criteria.  Here is how to solve it.  In SharePoint Designer click on your Data View and open the 'Common Data View Tasks' dialog box.  Select 'Filter:'.  Remove the QueryString filter you had before and click the check box '[]Add XSLT Filtering'.  click [Edit...]  In the 'Edit the XPath expression:' box type in your filter.  My filter looks like this [@Project_x0020_Status=$qsProjectStatus]   The @Project_x0020_Status is a column in my DataView.  The $qsProjectStatus is the QueryString parameter I made before doing it the normal way, the way your doing it now.  If you look in the intelesence your QueryString parameter will be at the bottom of the list.  I know it's there because you started off by saying your QueryString parameter works nice.
    • Proposed as answer by Jefc Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:34 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:31 PM