I have written written as profile over OBEX using Microsoft OBEX protocol implementation and trying to do qualification. The test case is
1. OBEX Client send a OBEX Connect to Server.
2. Server sends a response challenging the authentication.
3. Client send a OBEX connect again with response for challenge.
4. Server Response success.
The current OBEX implementation from Microsoft provides 2 ways to do authentication.
a. Call "IObexDevice::Connect(Password)"
b. Call "IObexDevice::SetPassword(Password)" before connect.
But both these calls gives only option to initiate a connection with authentication challenge, not respond to an authentication challenge from OBEX server.
3. That is, the behavior will be,
a. Client send a OBEX Connect to Server with authentication challenge.
b. server says the test failed.
1. MSDN entry for " IObexDevice::Connect "( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa922650.aspx ) says that
"If a password is not specified and the server requires a password,
a callback is made to the interface registered on the main OBEX object"
2. But we do not get this callback(OE_QUERY_PASSWORD) notification form OBEX, moreover MSDN entry for OBEX_EVENT (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa915649.aspx ) mention these callback values as "reserved for future". Anybody has an idea about it?