Subscription problems RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I need to test a database solution (many tables) all indexes, ref. keys, because i get this error when I trying to create a new subscription. tru internet.

"No key matching the described characteristics could be found within the current range ".

I need somekind of program that checks data integrity. or what is this?

HELP!!! this issue is starting to bee very IMPORTANT to get some solution. clients is waiting to update database!

Is this the couse:

added new tables

added new columns

added new foreign keys

when replication was online??

Or have the DBMail something to do with this? I have seen in log files that mail is somehow connected.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:23 AM

Answers

• Hi

No need of help started from scratch.

Thanks for looking

Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hi

No need of help started from scratch.

Thanks for looking

Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:25 PM
  • hi,

did you ever figured out the problem?

I am having the same error Message = "No key matching the described characteristics could be found within the current range." and do not know where to start looking for the cause.

regards

mark

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 9:25 PM
  • Can you tell us exactly what you were doing?  Was this via TSQL or the UI?  And could you post the complete error message with error number and txt?

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 4:49 AM
  • ok, I have a simple app which synchronize mobile sql with sql 2005 server. Simulator works great - tables are synchronized, but when deployed to a device - Motorolla Q phone than I get an exception during the call to repl.Synchronize(). T

try

{

_repl.Synchronize();

}

catch (SqlCeException exp)

{

MessageBox.Show(exp.ToString());

}

he exception has no message:

-  exp {""} System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException
    +  base {""} System.SystemException {System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException}
    +  Errors {System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeErrorCollection} System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeErrorCollection
    +  errors {System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeErrorCollection} System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeErrorCollection
      HResult -2147217895 int
      Message "" string
      NativeError 0 int
      Source "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition" string

I can navigate from the browser to my server http://..../sqlcesa30.dll?diag and getting back all good results.

I manually installed on a device the following cabs:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition\Device\Mobile\v3.0\wce500\armv4i\sqlce30.phone.wce5.armv4i.CAB

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition\Device\Mobile\v3.0\wce500\armv4i\sqlce30.repl.phone.wce5.armv4i.CAB

and

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition\Device\Client\v2.0\wce500\armv4i\sql.phone.wce5.armv4i.CAB

Please help!!

Thanks

Mark

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 7:37 PM
  •  

forgot to mention that during the call to repl.Synchronize() i get the following 2 exception in output window of VS.NET 2005:

A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException' occurred in System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException' occurred in System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 7:40 PM
  • Hi,

I'm having the same error message --"No key matching the described characteristics could be found within the current range." I tried to create a new publication and subscription, but the error still exists in the last step of the New Subscription wizard.

Thanks

Monday, June 9, 2008 6:35 PM