Designing a layered architecture RRS feed

• Question

• User-1839033458 posted

Hi people

I'm designing the architecture for a new proyect (It would be my first design) and after read lots of articles i would like to show you the final design model to read your opinions.

Architecture picture

Solution Architecture

VS 2010 implementation picture

Solution implementation

As you can see there is a web project, a business controller proyect, a data controller proyect, and a business entities (as DTOs), that are shared in all layers.

I would like to know if you would use WCF in this schema, or another layer.

I need advice.

Thanks

Jonathan

Friday, April 30, 2010 11:26 AM

Answers

• User-1171043462 posted

No interface will be a layer between App and business. The interface layer will contain a interface for each business class

Eg Person will have a corresponding interface IPerson

public Person : IPerson

Also you will have to create an intializer class  say Access.cs which will contain methods that return object of different business classes

Eg

public static IPerson CreatePerson()

{

return new Person();

}

And in the App layer you can create objects in following way

IPerson iPerson = Access.CreatePerson()

//Then call the methods in normal way

iPerson.GetPersons();

This way you hide the Business layer from the App layer and make use to Interface layer to act as a middle tier between App and Business

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 2:38 AM

All replies

• User-1171043462 posted

If you want to make it more re usable you can add additional layer of WCF and if not WCF a layer of Interfaces which will interact with the Presentation layer 

Friday, April 30, 2010 2:20 PM
  • User-1839033458 posted

If you want to make it more re usable you can add additional layer of WCF and if not WCF a layer of Interfaces which will interact with the Presentation layer 

I see, the web server access directly to business layer and domain layer, since all layers are in the same tier, so in this case wont be necesary WCF, but what do you mean with interfaces layer? Can the interfaces be in the domain (shared) layer? and be implemented by the business controller and data layer controller?

Friday, April 30, 2010 2:45 PM
  • User-1171043462 posted

No interface will be a layer between App and business. The interface layer will contain a interface for each business class

Eg Person will have a corresponding interface IPerson

public Person : IPerson

Also you will have to create an intializer class  say Access.cs which will contain methods that return object of different business classes

Eg

public static IPerson CreatePerson()

{

return new Person();

}

And in the App layer you can create objects in following way

IPerson iPerson = Access.CreatePerson()

//Then call the methods in normal way

iPerson.GetPersons();

This way you hide the Business layer from the App layer and make use to Interface layer to act as a middle tier between App and Business

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 2:38 AM