Echo sample is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i tried to run the sample echo program which is available in WindowsAzureAppFabricDocs.chm.. i create the service bus name space with 0 connection. i first run the service but its still waiting finally it throws the following exception

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: Unable to reach watchdog.servicebus.
    windows.net via TCP (9351, 9352) or HTTP (80, 443)
       at Microsoft.ServiceBus.NetworkDetector.ChooseConnectivityModeForAutoDetect(U
    ri uri)
       at Microsoft.ServiceBus.TcpRelayTransportBindingElement.BuildInnerBindingElem
    ent(BindingContext context)
       at Microsoft.ServiceBus.TcpRelayTransportBindingElement.GetProperty[T](Bindin
    gContext context)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BindingElement.GetIndividualProperty[T]()
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.SecurityContractInformat
    ionEndpointBehavior.AddBindingParameters(ServiceEndpoint endpoint, BindingParame
    terCollection parameters)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.InitializeServiceHost(Se
    rviceDescription description, ServiceHostBase serviceHost)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeRuntime()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnBeginOpen()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()
       at Microsoft.ServiceBus.Samples.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\nirma
    lkj\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\EchoService\EchoService\Program.cs:lin
    e 76

some proxy is there in my domain. i dont know how to over come it. i strictly follow the instruction given in the WindowsAzureAppFabricDocs.chm and i gave the vallid input for the program along with the secret key.  please help me to find out the error..

Friday, March 11, 2011 2:13 PM

Answers

• Can you confirm what are you entering for service namespace domain? If you are entering the full name like <YOUR-NAMESPACE>.servicebus.windows.net, then you may get this issue. Try just entering <YOUR-NAMESPACE> only (without servicebus.windows.net) when prompted.

--Parkash K. 

Monday, March 14, 2011 5:20 PM

All replies

• Perhaps the sample you are using is out of date. You might do better by downloading the Windows Azure Training Kit and going through the Intro to Service Bus Part 1 hands-on lab.

David Pallmann GM Application Development, Neudesic Windows Azure MVP
    Friday, March 11, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Hello David,

Even though i tried a example which is available in training kit Hands on labs, i get the same exception..

Monday, March 14, 2011 9:59 AM
  • Can you confirm what are you entering for service namespace domain? If you are entering the full name like <YOUR-NAMESPACE>.servicebus.windows.net, then you may get this issue. Try just entering <YOUR-NAMESPACE> only (without servicebus.windows.net) when prompted.

--Parkash K. 

Monday, March 14, 2011 5:20 PM