Not all the data types appear for a Computed Property RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a Dynamics GP table as my datasource and I want to add a Computed Property of Type Money, but it doesn't show up as an option.  This is day 1 of using Lightswitch so I wasn't sure if it was related to using an external datasource or i don't know what I'm doing yet.

Thanks.  Any links, tutorials or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are the LightSwitch Extensions enabled for the project? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/lightswitch/thread/4b0a5b0a-55f1-4d94-bc71-a42f43d75840

If you are missing the email address, image, money, and phone number types, then it's probably that the extensions are not enabled.

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team
    Friday, October 21, 2011 3:49 AM
  • There's no problem adding a "Money" property to an "attached" table. But Money is a "business type", not a native LS type. 

So, as Justin suggested, check that you didn't untick "Microsoft LightSwitch Extensions" in the project's properties page, thinking that maybe you didn't need it. It's almost certainly the cause of your problem.

That extension contains all of the business types that Justin mentioned in his post, & must be ticked if you want to use any of those business types.

You should also make sure that the second checkbox is also ticked ("Use This In New Projects"), so that you don't have a similar problem again with a new project.

Yann - LightSwitch Central

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

This will help people find the answers that they're looking for more quickly.

Friday, October 21, 2011 11:50 AM
  • That was it, thanks!
    Friday, October 21, 2011 1:48 PM