none
SSRS Project leaves the same reports open upon reopening project?

Question

• Hi

I have just started using VS2015 for SSRS report development.

I was looking at a couple reports in the project and now every time I open the project the same two reports open with it ?

I've tried to close the reports and save the solution, but they still always open

Thanks

• Edited by Jbalbo Monday, September 12, 2016 8:13 PM misspell
    Monday, September 12, 2016 8:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Jbalbo,

>>There are two specific reports that open everytime I open the project

According to the sentence, this issue only happened in two specify projects. If we create the third project, the third report will not appear this issue, am I right?

>>I even tried to delete one of the reports I closed the project and reopened…

Have you tried Exclude From Project, right-click the report and choose Exclude the project then reopen the project to observer whether this issue occurs again.

In addition, I have not found any settings in this function. So I suggest you could try the following steps to troubleshot your issue:
    1). Please clean the solution and rebuild it. Then try again.

2). Please reset the VS that to restore Visual Studio to default settings. Please refer to this steps:

Click Start->Developer Command Prompt for VS-> type  devenv.exe /ResetSettings”

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Jbalbo,

Which type project you have created? In my side, I could close the report design in my Report Server Project. Please share me some screenshots that cuold help me to repro your issue in my side.

You could create two simple new report and then do the same action to observer whether has the same issue. And here is my two report, I could close them.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:32 AM
  • Hi Oscar

Thanks for getting back.  There are two specific reports that open everytime I open the project, just like your example, lets calll them report1 and Report2 . I tried closing them saving the project and reopening, they still appear. I even tried to delete one of the reports I closed the project and reopened , It was gone and did not open when I reopened the project , I then added the report back in, did NOT open the report closed thee project then reopened the project and the report opened with the project . Its like there is some setting to default these to open with the project?????

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:52 PM
  • Hi Jbalbo,

>>There are two specific reports that open everytime I open the project

According to the sentence, this issue only happened in two specify projects. If we create the third project, the third report will not appear this issue, am I right?

>>I even tried to delete one of the reports I closed the project and reopened…

Have you tried Exclude From Project, right-click the report and choose Exclude the project then reopen the project to observer whether this issue occurs again.

In addition, I have not found any settings in this function. So I suggest you could try the following steps to troubleshot your issue:
    1). Please clean the solution and rebuild it. Then try again.

2). Please reset the VS that to restore Visual Studio to default settings. Please refer to this steps:

Click Start->Developer Command Prompt for VS-> type  devenv.exe /ResetSettings”

Sincerely,

Oscar

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 1:39 AM