Writing Custom actions using visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• I just deployed a custom activity called as Findmanager in ECMActivities from office samples, it does not work. Any idea How to debug.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:43 PM

All replies

• Attach to the w3wp.exe worker process (Debug->Attach To Process) and make sure you choose "Workflow code" beside the "Attach to:" option.

Assuming your workflow at least starts up correctly, you can then set breakpoints and step through your code like any other .NET code (except some things happen behind the scenes that you won't be able to debug).

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:00 PM
  • sorry i dont see any w3wp.exe process, i am using windows server 2003, visual studio 2005, sharepoint 2007 all on the same machine.

sorry i am a bit clueless because i am very new to workflow foundation and sharepoint. It will be helpful if you can guide step-by-step. thanks..

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:24 PM
  • If the w3wp.exe process doesn't show up in the list of processes to choose from (in the ListBox at the bottom of the dialog), then the website hasn't started up yet.

All you have to do in that case is open your web browser and navigate to the site you're trying to debug. w3wp will start up on the first request.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:03 PM