The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Sync On-Prem Active Directory Child Domain Only via Azure AD Connect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have an environment where on-Prem Active Directory have domain abc.local.com having bulk OUs created and polices applied I have plan to Sync Sub Domain Users test.abc.local.com via Azure AD Connect on Cloud without Parent domain. Please guide what steps need to follow that only Sub Domain Users synced but Not Parent Domain Users, Please note that I already synced Parent Domain but due to some limitation i did not sync Users , Only I just need to Sync Sub-domain test.abc.local.com Users

Can anyone guide on that

Sunday, October 13, 2019 10:03 AM

All replies

• Yes it is possible!

Synchronization Service Manager

1. Sign in to the server that is running Azure AD Connect sync by using an account that is a member of the ADSyncAdmins security group.
    2. Start Synchronization Service from the Start menu.
    3. Select Connectors, and in the Connectors list, select the Connector which is the Parent Domain. In Actions, select Properties.
      Connector properties
    4. Click Configure Directory Partitions, select the domain that you want to configure, and then click Containers.
    5. When you're prompted, provide any credentials with read access to your on-premises Active Directory. It doesn't have to be the user that is prepopulated in the dialog box.
    6. In the Select Containers dialog box, clear the OUs that you don’t want to synchronize from the Parent Domain with the cloud directory, and then click OK.
      OUs in the Select Containers dialog box

Now repeat the same steps with the Child Domain and select the Containers for the Users.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 5:26 AM