none
NuGet Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have never seen this error before and no idea what it means. I'm attempting to recompile a solution from 2015 DLL's to the new 2017 Dll's from work. I've googled about a little but did not find much of anything. Open to suggestions:

Screenshot:

OTI_Error
    • Edited by old_School Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:09 PM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:01 PM

Answers

• Ok so I found the issue. They sent me a empty solution. I just imported the projects without carefully reviewing it. Its a solution with a bunch of empty folders. We can delete this thread. Thank you for helping me understand NuGet a little better. 
    • Marked as answer by old_School Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:30 PM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:30 PM

All replies

• First thing is to make sure you are targeting the same version of the Microsoft Framework. If that fails, go to the home page of the package on NuGet and select "Contact owners"

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:22 PM
  • I've checked the framework and they are using 4.5 I'm not sure where the "home" page is for NuGet. Are you referring to the NuGet manager? If so I did not see a contact owners tab. 
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:51 PM
  • I've checked the framework and they are using 4.5 I'm not sure where the "home" page is for NuGet. Are you referring to the NuGet manager? If so I did not see a contact owners tab. 
    When you installed the NuGet package if via package manager there should be a link for it when selected in the package manager, or you found it on NuGet web site which is where the contact owners is located.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:59 PM
  • Here is what im getting when i open NuGet

When I click restore it just errors again. Do I need to reinstall NuGet? If So how do you do that? 
    • Edited by old_School Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:09 PM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:08 PM
  • Ok so I found the issue. They sent me a empty solution. I just imported the projects without carefully reviewing it. Its a solution with a bunch of empty folders. We can delete this thread. Thank you for helping me understand NuGet a little better. 
    • Marked as answer by old_School Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:30 PM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:30 PM