none
How to remove Integration Services feature from MS SQL Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed MS SQL Server 2012 on a windows 7 machine.  During the install the installer warned that windows firewall might cause a problem.  I went through the install anyway and only feature that failed to install properly was Integration Services.  The log lists error description as "the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion".  The log lists next step as "Use the following information to resolve the error, uninstall this feature , then run the setup again.

I now have the windows firewall turned off and want to try re intalling the feature.  How do I uninstall the existing Integration Services feature?  It does not appear in control panel - installed programs.

Thanks for any help, Roscoe

• Edited by rpfinn Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:37 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:13 PM

Answers

• In the control panel go to Microsoft SQL Server and double click.  You are promped to Add, Repair or Remove.  Select remove and step through to the features selection.  Choose SSIS and complete the uninstall

Hoe this helps

David Dye My Blog

• Marked as answer by rpfinn Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:55 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:44 PM
  • You run the SQL 2012 installer - components are added and removed using that

Chuck Pedretti | Magenic – North Region | magenic.com

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Yes, SSIS is part of the Shared Features of SQL Server.

Just restart the setup and you will be given an option to repair the installation. Alternatively, you can chose to remove features and this time un-install SQL Server Integration Services, re-run the setup to re-install it back.

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:42 PM

All replies

• You run the SQL 2012 installer - components are added and removed using that

Chuck Pedretti | Magenic – North Region | magenic.com

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Yes, SSIS is part of the Shared Features of SQL Server.

Just restart the setup and you will be given an option to repair the installation. Alternatively, you can chose to remove features and this time un-install SQL Server Integration Services, re-run the setup to re-install it back.

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:42 PM
  • In the control panel go to Microsoft SQL Server and double click.  You are promped to Add, Repair or Remove.  Select remove and step through to the features selection.  Choose SSIS and complete the uninstall

Hoe this helps

David Dye My Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:44 PM
  • Thanks!
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:37 PM