none
How to Create Operating System in Visual basic RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to create an Operating Systems in Assembly & C, C++. I don't want to use Cosmos if it does not support Visual Basic 2010.

If cosmos works with Visual Basic 2010, I will choose it. Or otherwise, What shall i do to Create Operating System with Visual Basic 2010 IDE.

Thanks

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 7:40 AM

All replies

• VB is in fact a tool to tailor the available API's in the OS.

In other words, you cannot use it to build an OS,

it would be as cooking a Christmas diner while you have only available single-celled organism (also C and C++ are in the base impossible to use.

What you can create is a piece of shell software upon W10

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 8:13 AM

• I want to create an Operating Systems in Assembly & C, C++. .

What shall i do to Create Operating System with Visual Basic 2010 IDE.

You're contradicting yourself. First you said you want to use 
    "Assembly & C, C++" then you said "with Visual Basic". If you
    really do want to use "Assembly & C, C++" then that has nothing 
    to do with Visual Basic and you're in the wrong forum.

For C and C++ questions post in the Visual C++ forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vcgeneral

- Wayne

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:19 PM
  • See OSR – Windows System Software; it might help. Explicitly it is about Windows Device Drivers but as I recall they have articles about OS development to.

See Expanded Main Page - OSDev Wiki. Start with Required Knowledge - OSDev Wiki, because as it says, failure to comply will make you look silly.

There are many books on the subject.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 6:24 PM
  • Hi VishokM, 

Thank you for posting here.

You cannot use Visual Basic to create Operating System, because it relies on many support stuff and you cannot use VB Without the infrastructure,.

Here are two references about how to create an Operating System.

1. How to Make a Computer Operating System
    2. How can I create an operating system?

Hope them could be helpful.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 7:26 AM
  • Hi VishokM,

Did you solve your problem? If your question has been answered then please click the "Mark as Answer" Link at the bottom of the correct post(s), so that it will help other members to find the solution quickly if they face a similar issue.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 6:58 AM