The Workflow doesn't start when create or modify any item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have a problem with Windows Sharepoint Services, follow my environment:

Version: 3.0 With SP3

My Issue: I have the intranet site with a workflow. This workflow just send a e-mail when any user create or edit any item on Calendar, but this workflow doesn't start when I create a new item, just start when I force... (to force I need to open the item and force the workflow start).

Follow the steps to my Workflow:

Conditions:

"If created between 1/1/2011 00:00:00 and 1/1/2020 00:00:00

or modified between 1/1/2011 00:00:00 and 1/1/2020 00:00:00

Actions:

Email to xyz@xyz.com

then Stop the workflow and log "The Workflow is Stop".

Just it... my workflow is simple, but don't start when any user create or edit any item...

The Sharepoint Services run with Service Pack 3, but doesn't worked with Service Pack 2 too...

Already tried this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947284 , but the workflow still doesn't execute alone. 

Thank you very much for all,

MCSE, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, MCITP Enterprise Support, MCITP Exchange Server 2010, MCITP Sharepoint Server 2010, MCITP Windows 7, MCSA, MCSA+M, MCP, MCDST, MCTS Virtualization Configuration, ITIL Foundation V3
    Monday, December 5, 2011 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Ricardo,

Are you using a system account to start a workflow, you can check this in the top right corner of current site. I know you have read that KB article, but I still recommend you to use a normal account when you attempt to make workflow start automatically.

And you can perform a test after removing conditions from this workflow. Also check log to see if there are any errors.

Hope this help.

Thanks.

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Hi Pengyu,

I discovered my problem! My web site had the host header value different than the intranet name server. I changed the host header value on IIS and the workflow tried to execute with the hostname of the server. I verified this with logs... I think that the workflow try to connect with database, but with the server hostname.

Anyone know how to change the Host Header Value and change these informations to workflow run successfuly?

Thank you very much,

MCSE, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, MCITP Enterprise Support, MCITP Exchange Server 2010, MCITP Sharepoint Server 2010, MCITP Windows 7, MCSA, MCSA+M, MCP, MCDST, MCTS Virtualization Configuration, ITIL Foundation V3
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Yes, it's true you cannot start the workflow automatically by System Account.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 2:54 PM