none
SDK 3.1 Installed but Visual Studio 2019 and Nuget only shows up to core 2.2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2019, Version 16.4.4 and the .NET Core 3.1 SDK version 3.1.102 installed, but Visual Studio and Nuget are not showing any options for using or upgrading to 3.1 and only show up to version 2.2

This is probably something very simple, but I am just drawing a blank on finding a way to get my projects to use .NET Core 3.1

Thanks in advance for any suggestions to help me resolve this.

Dean

Sunday, March 8, 2020 9:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Dean,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, please run the command “dotnet --list-sdks” and check the versions of  .NET Core SDKs installed on your machine. If you have installed the version 3.1.102, it should be found in the list. If you don’t find it, please re-install the .NET Core SDK 3.1.102 again. If possible, please share me the result with screenshot and that will help us research it better.

In addition, as I know, Visual Studio 2019 16.4 or newer is required when using the .NET Core 3.1 with Visual Studio. So I suggest you update your VS2019 to the latest version and try to repair it by running Visual Studio Installer.

Hope it helps and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, March 9, 2020 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Dean,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, please run the command “dotnet --list-sdks” and check the versions of  .NET Core SDKs installed on your machine. If you have installed the version 3.1.102, it should be found in the list. If you don’t find it, please re-install the .NET Core SDK 3.1.102 again. If possible, please share me the result with screenshot and that will help us research it better.

In addition, as I know, Visual Studio 2019 16.4 or newer is required when using the .NET Core 3.1 with Visual Studio. So I suggest you update your VS2019 to the latest version and try to repair it by running Visual Studio Installer.

Hope it helps and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, March 9, 2020 9:51 AM
  • Hi Anna,

Thanks for your response.  When I checked the list of SDKs, it showed a long list up to and including version 3.1.102, so I next used your suggestion to repair VS2019 by running the Visual Studio Installer.

That corrected the issue.  It did reset the productivity extensions and those had to be re-installed, but thank you for the help and Best Regards,

Dean

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 6:56 AM