none
Visual Studio 2013 - Entity Framework 6.0 - ADO.NET Entity Data Model - Size Constraints for Development Project RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a small application which requires ADO.NET Entity Data Model. When I create an .edmx file with few tables, it created a packages folder automatically with size of 30 MB which contains System dlls and other files under main solution location. Is it necessary to have these Entity Framework packages folder to be created/added when deploying the project at working location? Because size is main constraint for this and we cannot afford to have 30 MB consumed only for System files at working location. But it is ok for me to have these dlls present in Development environment.

Regards, CPK_2011

Friday, November 22, 2013 3:29 PM

All replies

• I am developing a small application which requires ADO.NET Entity Data Model. When I create an .edmx file with few tables, it created a packages folder automatically with size of 30 MB which contains System dlls and other files under main solution location. Is it necessary to have these Entity Framework packages folder to be created/added when deploying the project at working location? Because size is main constraint for this and we cannot afford to have 30 MB consumed only for System files at working location. But it is ok for me to have these dlls present in Development environment.

Regards, CPK_2011

Will the application work if I don't copy these Entity Framework DLLs in packages folder to client system?

Regards, CPK_2011

• Edited by CPK_2011 Friday, November 22, 2013 4:36 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 4:33 PM