Possibility of activating/de-activating an add-in programmatically? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys!

Over the past few days i have been playing around with VSTO. I created an add-in for words application..now the only thing i want to ask is... is there a way to activate/de-activate an addin from your application ? This is because the add-in i created has a custom task pane which is related to the application, now i dont want that custom task pane showing whenever the user loads up the words application for other purposes.

In simple terms, i would like to know if its possible to show/hide the add-in when calling up the words application from my program, to show the custom task pane which is related to the application i also created.

Cheers!
    Monday, September 1, 2008 12:22 AM

Answers

•  kfalzon wrote:
    Hey guys!

Over the past few days i have been playing around with VSTO. I created an add-in for words application..now the only thing i want to ask is... is there a way to activate/de-activate an addin from your application ? This is because the add-in i created has a custom task pane which is related to the application, now i dont want that custom task pane showing whenever the user loads up the words application for other purposes.

In simple terms, i would like to know if its possible to show/hide the add-in when calling up the words application from my program, to show the custom task pane which is related to the application i also created.

I believe it's possible using the COMAddins object in the Word object model. For example:

wdApp.COMAddIns.Item(1).Connect = False

Friday, September 5, 2008 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

As far as I know it is not possible to call the add-in from a external program.

However,You could set the Visible property to control the show/hide of the CustomTaskPane.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:33 AM
  •  kfalzon wrote:
    Hey guys!

I believe it's possible using the COMAddins object in the Word object model. For example:

wdApp.COMAddIns.Item(1).Connect = False

Friday, September 5, 2008 4:51 PM