The right way to Develop Client Layer for ERP RRS feed

• Question

• User19387501 posted

(for Senior Architect - Develop Client Layer)

Hi all, 

I would like a suggestion for the right way to develop an ERP.

I dont carry about service layer and over, I've to decide for the 'client layer'.

Microsoft offer different tecnology: Web Form, Web API, Single Page Application, MVC, and so on.

Microsoft put on the table many different choices, but does not help us to decide wich is better for a particular scope.

Please, help me to decide where to invest in technological research to develop an ERP.

jQuery & knockout & WebAPI ? AngularJs & WebAPI? MVC & jQuery? WebForm & jQuery?

"Choices" stand for Freedom, but also mean caos, indecisions, fragility, risks.

Need I to develop with different tecnology for any kind of diveces?

Thank you.

Max

Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:06 AM

Answers

• User71929859 posted

Microsoft put on the table many different choices, but does not help us to decide wich is better for a particular scope.

Please, help me to decide where to invest in technological research to develop an ERP.

jQuery & knockout & WebAPI ? AngularJs & WebAPI? MVC & jQuery? WebForm & jQuery?

This does not make any sense at all. jQuery, knockoutJS, AngularJS are not developed by Microsoft and those are strictly for client side developments. jQuery is a library and KnowoutJS and AngularJS are frameworks. Please Google/Bing, read the articles and learn about those first.

MVC and WebForm are programming modals in ASP.NET. Those are developed by Microsoft, that's true. And there are heaps of articles on which is better in particular scope if you search in the internet. My below blog post will give you a quick guide on how to choose the right programming modal for you application

http://ruchirac.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/a-quick-guide-to-choosing-right-aspnet.html

Please note that Web API is use to provide APIs or Web services. You can't really compare those. I feel you are missing really basics here. You need to learn each technology so you will understand at least what those technologies are for. Click on the "Learn" tab in this site and check the tutorials available.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:10 AM

All replies

• User71929859 posted

This does not make any sense at all. jQuery, knockoutJS, AngularJS are not developed by Microsoft and those are strictly for client side developments. jQuery is a library and KnowoutJS and AngularJS are frameworks. Please Google/Bing, read the articles and learn about those first.

MVC and WebForm are programming modals in ASP.NET. Those are developed by Microsoft, that's true. And there are heaps of articles on which is better in particular scope if you search in the internet. My below blog post will give you a quick guide on how to choose the right programming modal for you application

http://ruchirac.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/a-quick-guide-to-choosing-right-aspnet.html

Please note that Web API is use to provide APIs or Web services. You can't really compare those. I feel you are missing really basics here. You need to learn each technology so you will understand at least what those technologies are for. Click on the "Learn" tab in this site and check the tutorials available.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:10 AM