All Project templates are also getting installed individually alongwith Solution level Template RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a multi project template and published in Visual studio via VSIX. Apart from solution level template is getting installed  all project templates are also getting installed individually.

Is there any reason why Visual studio is showing one solution level template & all project templates also?

WPF App is the template for entire solution. It creates 2 projects application & Dal. Below highlighted templates is for individual projects. I don't know the reason why individual templates is also getting seen along with solution template.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:38 PM

Answers

• My original suggestion still holds. If you don't want the template to show up in the new project dialog, it needs to be hidden. If you add the <Hidden> tag, it should not show. 

If it still shows, try refreshing the template cache by running devenv /installvstemplates.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Yugank,

I suspect you just need to set the <Hidden> attribute in your .vstemplate files to false.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171390.aspx

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 12:44 AM
  • Hi Ed,

I tried with that. It's still not working.

Thanks & Regards,

Yugank

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

My solution level template zip structure is below:

SolutionTemplate.zip

-->Project1Folder

------->Project1.cs

------->Project1.vsTemplate

-->Project2Folder

------->Project2.cs

------->Project2.vsTemplate

I am adding SolutionTemplate.zip file in VSIX.

Thanks & Regards,

Yugank Narula

Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:58 AM
  • My original suggestion still holds. If you don't want the template to show up in the new project dialog, it needs to be hidden. If you add the <Hidden> tag, it should not show. 

If it still shows, try refreshing the template cache by running devenv /installvstemplates.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:21 PM
  • Thanks Ed. It worked for me. I tried it earlier but don't somehow it didn't worked that day.

But it's working now. I added the attribute in all the project template files.

Regards,

Yugank Narula

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 2:40 PM