Find number of text characters RRS feed

• Question

• User-1370353080 posted

I have a text paragraph that needs to fit within a fixed rectangle.  I can find out the text length that will fit within that rectangle easily if its single paragraph.  But with multiple paragraph it is difficult for me to find the characters that would fit in that rect.

(1) Is there a way to determine the length of string that fit in the box irrespective of number of carriage returns (for paragraphs)? 

(2) Basically I am splitting text entered in two sections.  The first section exhibits text in narrower rectangle (as there is image displayed on its right).  The second section is in second rectangle whose width is full image width.  My understanding was the text can be bound within rectangle but I wonder if I can bind within a polygon?  That way I dont have to split texts and have 2 separate rectangles.  To visualize my scenario, just think about a page having image on left side and the text starting on its right and flowing down and becoming full width once image is crossed.  similar to newsletters where text flows around images.

Thanks for any help.

Sunday, November 15, 2009 9:07 PM

Answers