SSMA for MySQL v5.2 does not show all my MySQL tables RRS feed

• Question

• I don't see all my tables after connecting to the MySQL server and database. Some table are shown but most are not.

All tables are Innodb in mysql and in the same database. I have a linked server in SQL Server 2012 to the same server and database and sees all the tables -but SSMA does not.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

Chuck Atkinson

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Chuck,

Please install the SSMA for MySQL Extension Pack and the MySQL providers on the computer that is running SSMA, and then use “Server Side Data Migration Engine” to migrate the tables. For more detail information, please refer to the following link:

Migrating MySQL Data into SQL Server/ SQL Azure
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh313136.aspx

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:58 AM

All replies

• Can you provide an example (table name). Cannot it be a system view?

Dmitry

---

Dmitry Tolpeko

http://www.sqlines.com - Database Migration tools and services.

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:59 PM
  • It is not a system view. Like I said I can see all the tables in SSMS from the linked server.  I also use TOAD for MySQL extensively and I know this database well.

It is SSMA that will not display all the tables in the database.

Chuck Atkinson

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:15 AM
  • Hi Chuck,

Please install the SSMA for MySQL Extension Pack and the MySQL providers on the computer that is running SSMA, and then use “Server Side Data Migration Engine” to migrate the tables. For more detail information, please refer to the following link:

Migrating MySQL Data into SQL Server/ SQL Azure
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh313136.aspx

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:58 AM
  • I did all that and still can't get this work. It reports errors in the report with a red X - the details button doesn't work or give a clue on what went wrong. This software looks half-baked and really doesn't even work. Why does Microsoft even list this as viable application ?

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:37 PM
  • I'm having the same issue. I have a Mysql database with hundreds of tables which I can see. When I connect to SSMA it is only displaying the first 58 tables. I also see a red X against TABLES. 

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Also, when you click on Refresh from Database it brings up a list of tables which is complete but there is a Not Found message against these missing tables in the Local Metadata column.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:46 PM
  • I also am having the same problem. 

I have SSMA for MySQL Extension Pack installed, and I am using  “Server Side Data Migration Engine” to migrate the tables.  One of the tables that I can see in SSMA is InnoDB, and one of the tables that I cannot see in SSMA is InnoDB, so I do not think that is the problem.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:27 PM