how to get old netmon sdk? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! Please I need the netmon old sdk, that contains the header file netmon.h , VS2012 doesn't contain this header, how to get it?
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:53 PM

Answers

• You will find NetMon.h in the Windows 7.1 SDK. On my machines I do not have Windows SDK 8.0 or 8,1 Beta installed, but I think this poarticular header is also in this SDKs.

The interesting fact is that the Windows SDK shipped with VS2012 does not have any of the standard windows headers like the SDK 7.1A or 7.0a or 6.0a...

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:12 PM

All replies

• You will find NetMon.h in the Windows 7.1 SDK. On my machines I do not have Windows SDK 8.0 or 8,1 Beta installed, but I think this poarticular header is also in this SDKs.

The interesting fact is that the Windows SDK shipped with VS2012 does not have any of the standard windows headers like the SDK 7.1A or 7.0a or 6.0a...

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:12 PM

Best regards

Bordon

where to get Windows 7.1 SDK that contains the netmon sdk?
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:16 PM

• where to get Windows 7.1 SDK that contains the netmon sdk?
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=8279
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:34 PM

• where to get Windows 7.1 SDK that contains the netmon sdk?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=8279

does this installer contain netmon.h header?
    Friday, August 30, 2013 9:55 AM
  • does this installer contain netmon.h header?

Yes, netmon.h is somewhere in the cab files and will be installed if you install the WinSDK 7.1. I checked my setup and this particular file is present. It is also worth checking if it is also in Windows SDK 8.0 (what fits better to VC2012)

Best regards

Bordon

Friday, August 30, 2013 10:00 AM
  • what are the dlls needed for linking netmon.h?
    Friday, August 30, 2013 12:24 PM
  • does this installer contain netmon.h header?

Yes, netmon.h is somewhere in the cab files and will be installed if you install the WinSDK 7.1. I checked my setup and this particular file is present. It is also worth checking if it is also in Windows SDK 8.0 (what fits better to VC2012)

Best regards

Bordon

Are you sure that Windows SDK 8.0 contains netmon.h? if so, from where to get windows SDK v8.0 that will be installed on C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v8.0?
    • Edited by Yuri.B Friday, August 30, 2013 12:34 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 12:25 PM

• Are you sure that Windows SDK 8.0 contains netmon.h? if so, from where to get windows SDK v8.0 that will be installed on C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v8.0?

Borden just told you it's part of Windows SDK 7.1. What's the holdup?

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:01 PM

• Are you sure that Windows SDK 8.0 contains netmon.h? if so, from where to get windows SDK v8.0 that will be installed on C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v8.0?

Borden just told you it's part of Windows SDK 7.1. What's the holdup?

Since this is an open forum you shouldn't talk about holdups, help instead.

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:29 PM
  • where to download Windows SDK 7.1?
    Friday, August 30, 2013 4:29 PM
  • Yuri, did you try google with "Windows SDK 7.1" ? But since I have a good day here is a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8442

Best regards

Bordon

Friday, August 30, 2013 5:56 PM
  • Yuri, did you try google with "Windows SDK 7.1" ? But since I have a good day here is a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8442

Best regards

Bordon

thank you Bordon) I will download now, I have just one question : do you know what are the dlls needed for linking netmon? because my project need only those dlls.

• Edited by Yuri.B Friday, August 30, 2013 6:10 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 6:09 PM