none
Convert Command Bar Button to Ribbon Button RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have earlier created addins for the MSProject 2007. Those were using command bars as MSProject 2007 uses command bar interface. Now i have to create the same addin for MSProject 2010 for that i needs the Ribbon buttons as MSProject 2010 uses ribbon interface. Is there any way to convert or cast the command bar butons to ribbon buttons.I dont want to develop the whole addin solution again.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:27 AM

Answers

• Hi NBDevelopment,

It’s based on my experience that there is no solution to convert you MSProject2007 add-in command bar button to Ribbon button. If you want use Ribbon UI please create a new MSProject2010 add-in solution to handle it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 1, 2011 5:43 AM

All replies

• Hi NBDevelopment,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I know your customize menu will appear in Project 2010’s ribbon’s Add-in Tab as a dropdown control. You project will be easy to migrate. All of the features of you customize menu will work as usually. You don’t need to convert anything for your project.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are absolutely right that all the features of earlier version of add-ins are working correctly in Project 2010 and they are appearing in the Add-In tab.But my concern is about the look and feel of the controls.I am not using any drop down.I am using butons.In my previous button the buttons were CommandBarButton but as project 2010 uses ribbon, so i want to use the big button of the Ribbon. currently it is displaying command bar buttons of MSProject2007 style on the ribbon of MSProject 2010. I just want to convert these buttons to big ribon buttons.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:24 AM
  • Hi NBDevelopment,

It’s based on my experience that there is no solution to convert you MSProject2007 add-in command bar button to Ribbon button. If you want use Ribbon UI please create a new MSProject2010 add-in solution to handle it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, April 1, 2011 5:43 AM