W8: Help needed (1) Start Photo Page (2) No Audio

Question

• (1)  Start-Photo Page: 

While shut-down, the first page ( with photo ) partially moves left side ( only 70% of the photo is visible to the operator ) and the left side of the photo [30%] goes hiding  to the left and I am not able to reach for the button provided at the bottom left side.

Any mouse/key-board/other i/o device option to shut down ?

(2) No Audio:

Previously my PC  with  W-XP along with Sigma Audio Driver worked well.

Now, W-8 is unable install/recover/rectify  audio function.

Note:  W-8  recognized and rated my PC/System as Number One  vide  system information dialog box.

Thank You.

Friday, September 30, 2011 3:24 AM

Answers

• Hey Apnrjn,

Try installing the latest drivers for your computer's hardware by visiting your computer manufacturer's website and going to their driver download or support section.

Once you have downloaded that latest drivers, try to install them. If any of your drivers don't install properly, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to install the drivers. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

Additionally, updating your motherboard's BIOS to the most recent version may solve some of the problems you have been experiencing. The latest BIOS can also be found by visiting your computer manufacturer's website and going to the driver download or support section.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 2:28 AM