Possible BUG when using custom forms and site level publishing feature RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed a strange issue when using custom list forms recently. If I create some custom list forms to replace those in an existing list, usually everything is fine. However, yesterday when doing this I noticed that the edit form was displaying as it normally would in the design view in SPD (see pic below).

I hadn't ever seen this before so I started to check into what might be causing this and found that this was only happening when:

1. The edit form is used. The new form and the display form are fine.
    2. The site level publishing feature is activated. The site collection publishing feature doesn't affect this issue.

I am using a custom site publishing template, so I have to have the site level publishing feature enabled. When I have done this before, it was only on a site that did not have this feature enabled. I even went so far as to try this on a form I had created a while ago, and enabled the site level publishing feature to see if it was potentially being caused by just this feature. And yep, it behaved the same way, ruling out the custom site publishing template I am using.

As soon as I de-activate the site level publishing feature, this issue goes away. Works almost like a switch.

Any suggestions/workarounds/fixes would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Erich

Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:56 PM

Answers

• Thats a side effect which came in through a recent hotfix.

It is just cosmetic and you can ignore it. There are currently no plans to fix this issue.

Cheers,
    Stefan

Stefan Goßner
    Senior Escalation Engineer - Microsoft CSS
    This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:21 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:32 PM