Classic asp Disconnected recordset doesnt work against a call to an SP in SQLServer2012 RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

We have a classic asp site working on SQLServer 2005 on windows server 2003. I am trying to port as much as possible onto windows server 2012 and SQLServer 2012. In the app we have a standard function that returns a disconnected recordset, this is called all over the place and generally works. However, with a particular Stored Proc when I pass this over (SQL Server 2012) via the SQL Server Profiler I can see the SP gets passed. If I run the statement passed (copy and paste from the profiler to Management studio) and run it works. I've ensured the ODBC user that I'm using has read/write and execute permissions on the SP and underlying tables being used by the sp. On return when I do the usual `if not RS.eof' it errors stating that this cannot be performed on a closed object. If I change my statement being passed from an SP to a simple `select * from myTable` it works. IIS is all set up to work with classic asp.

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Friday, September 15, 2017 8:26 AM
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Since this forum is to talk about visual studio IDE, I will move your thread to Using Forums  > Where is the Forum For…? to get more support, thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 15, 2017 7:58 AM
  • I'd ask for help over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?category=sqlserver

https://forums.asp.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, September 15, 2017 12:40 PM