cannot find data type ssma_oracle.CollectionIndexInt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to migrate from Oracle to SQL Server.

During 'Synchronize with Database' of an table trigger I get the following error:

"cannot find data type ssma_oracle.CollectionIndexInt"

I activated CLR and restarted the server, but still not working.

Any hint?

Andreas

Friday, September 1, 2017 8:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Alex

Your hint helped! After selecting assemblies node the synchronization worked fine.

Thank you very much!

Andreas

• Marked as answer by Andreas.007 Monday, September 4, 2017 6:49 AM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 6:48 AM

All replies

• Just found out that SSMA4OracleSQLServerCollections.NET.dll is missing on the SQL Server machine.

Thus we copied the file from the SSMA client to the SQL Server and rebooted the server.

But still not working.

Friday, September 1, 2017 9:27 AM
  • Hello,

Just copying the DLL don't work, it must be registered in SQL Server and some points more; see Installing SSMA  for Oracle (OracleToSQL)

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, September 1, 2017 9:49 AM
  • Hello Olaf

We did perform all steps in your link. We do not see how the DLL can be registered in the SQL Server.

We did not install any Oracle * Provider on the SQL Server! Is this required if we run the migration out from the SSMA Client?

Andreas

Friday, September 1, 2017 12:38 PM
  • On SQL  Server we registered the DLL using "gacutil /i dllpath" but it did not help.

Do we really require SSMA4OracleSQLServerCollections.NET.dll on the SQL Server? Because this DLL was not installed by SSMA Extension Pack!

Appreciate your help!

Andreas

Friday, September 1, 2017 2:11 PM
  • Register the DLL to GAC has no effect to SQL Server.

You will find SQL scripts in the SSMS installation folder to load & register the DLL in SQL Server.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, September 1, 2017 5:12 PM
  • Hello Andreas,

After you convert schema using SSMA, you will see 2 new assemblies showing up in the target metadata explorer. When you do synchronize with database, make sure assemblies node is selected in the tree and you synchronize entire database, not just the converted schema.

This type will be added as part of the ssma_oracle schema, so make sure that is being synchronized too.

Regards,
    Alex.

Sunday, September 3, 2017 9:15 PM
  • Hi Alex

Your hint helped! After selecting assemblies node the synchronization worked fine.

Thank you very much!

Andreas

• Marked as answer by Andreas.007 Monday, September 4, 2017 6:49 AM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 6:48 AM