none
Biztalk 2010 837 ISA11 ^ failing RRS feed

  • Question

  • We receive the following error when the 837 edi file contains a ^ in isa11

     

    An output message of the component "Unknown " in receive pipeline "Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.DefaultPipelines.EdiReceive, Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.EdiPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" is suspended due to the following error:
         Error: 1 (Miscellaneous error)
     16: Invalid Control Standard Identifier

    Error: 2 (Field level error)
     SegmentID: ISA
     Position in TS: 1
     Data Element ID: ISA11
     Position in Segment: 11
     Data Value: ^
     7: Invalid code value.
     The sequence number of the suspended message is 1.

    I have configured both the Party for ISA11 ^ and the receive pipeline as illustrated below.

     

    Thanks for any help

    Simon

    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 2:34 PM

Answers

  • Had the same problem. First make sure that your party information is configured correctly (I had one situation where it didn't match the party id's and wasn't being processed correctly, but the error indicated otherwise).

    If this document is coming from your party, the header of the EDI document should indicate the separator. Since you are NOT the processing party you should un-check the "Local BizTalk processes messages..." box in the Party Properties window: 

    Monday, November 14, 2011 7:56 PM

All replies

  • Hi Simon,

    I ran into the same issue with 5010 837 files but found setting the EDI Disassembler's UseIsa11AsRepetitionSeparator property to True in my receive pipeline fixed the problem.  Have you verified that the EDI file content can be validated against the 837 schema?  The only thing I can think of is that the file content is improperly formatted.

    Friday, November 11, 2011 5:45 PM
  • My second screen shot fragment shows the setting for UseIsa11AsRepetitionSeparator=True.  Yeah this is frustrating since you found the setting but still no joy.  When I change the isa 11 to a U then everything works without any problems.  We have tested through a number of files from external entities.

     

    Hoping for further insite from anyone.

    Monday, November 14, 2011 6:02 PM
  • Had the same problem. First make sure that your party information is configured correctly (I had one situation where it didn't match the party id's and wasn't being processed correctly, but the error indicated otherwise).

    If this document is coming from your party, the header of the EDI document should indicate the separator. Since you are NOT the processing party you should un-check the "Local BizTalk processes messages..." box in the Party Properties window: 

    Monday, November 14, 2011 7:56 PM
  • Simon,

    I was experiencing the same thing trying to consume a 277CA document.  I also had set the EDI Receive Pipleline as you did in your second screenshot.  I had unchecked the "Local BizTalk processes messages..." on the sending party's configuration page.

    What I noticed when I looked at the sender-->ME agreement page was that the ISA11 usage was marked as standard identifier, but was, of course, not enabled.

    To fix the problem, I checked the "Local BizTalk processes messages..." on the sending party's configuration page, set the ISA11 usage to repetition separator on the sender-->ME agreement page, and then "re-unchecked" the "Local BizTalk processes messages..." on the sending party's configuration page. 

    Now, when I look back at the page pictured above, it looks like this...

    That fixed the problem.

    • Proposed as answer by John Thay Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:19 PM
    Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:19 PM