Weird error - webclient (visual studio 2012) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I tried to add a webclient to a form, and it drops just fine on the form, but I get a weird error on build time.

Type in the data at line 140, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: No data is available for encoding 1252

I tried to debug it but no chance to do anything with it. Is my system that has issues or is it just me. I used to be able to code with a webclient in visual studio 2010.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:03 PM

Answers

• OK, did that. It does appear to be a bit of a disaster - in the designer.vb file it highlights a couple more problems. You might want to report it as a bug (under the Help menu). I've removed it from my toolbox just to be safe.

I'd just create it in code instead of dropping it onto the form.

HTH,

Andrew

• Marked as answer by Gwolf2u Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:28 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:25 PM
  • ok good to know it's not just me

was wondering why it got that especially since in 2010 version, it works just fine.

well I will report as a bug

ty for testing and letting me know

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:28 PM

All replies

• I can't find a WebClient in the toolbox in VS2012 to drop on to a form to try to reproduce the error. Where does it live?

The only applicable reference to the error you're getting which I can find suggests setting the WebClient to use UTF8 encoding instead of Windows-1252.

--
    Andrew

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:18 PM
  • Made a simple screenshot to help you find it

screen shot

• Unmarked as answer by Gwolf2u Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:28 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:25 PM
  • OK, did that. It does appear to be a bit of a disaster - in the designer.vb file it highlights a couple more problems. You might want to report it as a bug (under the Help menu). I've removed it from my toolbox just to be safe.

I'd just create it in code instead of dropping it onto the form.

HTH,

Andrew

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:25 PM
  • ok good to know it's not just me

was wondering why it got that especially since in 2010 version, it works just fine.

well I will report as a bug

ty for testing and letting me know

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:28 PM