none
What bluetooth dongle can I buy that support virtual peripheral? RRS feed

• Question

• The bluetooth dongle I bought for my dev desktop machine DOES NOT support virtual peripheral.  Neither does my Surface Pro 3.
    What dongle can I buy that DOES support it?  What Windows devices support it?  What protocol or spec or whatever do I need to make sure is in the dongle spec sheet to support it?
    I'd like to have a Windows device that can function like Frank's device.  Can you help me ?

夸父

Sunday, May 5, 2019 8:44 AM

Answers

• The device in the video is a Dell laptop with an Intel 8265 radio, it’s built in and not a dongle. If we are using a dongle instead of an internal radio we currently are using Laird BT851.
    • Marked as answer by 夸父 Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:46 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2019 4:54 PM

All replies

• The term "Bluetooth virtual peripheral" doesn't have any meaning.  Neither does the term "Frank's device".  You are going to have to be a lot more specific about what you are seeking.  Bluetooth dongles are used for real devices.  Virtual devices don't use hardware.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Monday, May 6, 2019 10:10 PM
  • He/she probably means that they would like to have the same or compatible machine that used by BLE team (Frank G.) for their testing, to get on same line with them.

-- pa

• Edited by Pavel A Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:41 PM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:40 PM
  • Yes, i want to know wich bluetooth dongle can support  peripheral role  . I only see it used by BLE team( Frank G.) on channal 9. I have some bluetooth dongle ,they only suppor centrel role .

夸父

Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:43 AM
  • The device in the video is a Dell laptop with an Intel 8265 radio, it’s built in and not a dongle. If we are using a dongle instead of an internal radio we currently are using Laird BT851.
    • Marked as answer by 夸父 Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:46 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2019 4:54 PM
  • Thank you very much.

夸父

Saturday, May 11, 2019 10:15 AM