none
Idea of a mini Project in Excel VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Do you guys have any good idea about what kind if mini project in excel vba that I can start creating for a student.

Thanks! 
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you guys have any good idea about what kind if mini project in excel vba that I can start creating for a student.

Thanks! 
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:03 PM
  • Your question needs to be moved to the Excel for Developers forum.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Proposed as answer by Frank L. Smith Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:33 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:05 PM
  • >>>Do you guys have any good idea about what kind if mini project in excel vba that I can start creating for a student.

According to your description, I suggest that you could refer to Getting Started with VBA in Excel 2010 and Excel VBA reference

In addition you would find helpful source about Excel VBA through network

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Sunday, February 28, 2016 2:25 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 2:31 AM
  • Running a macro through a list of test results and supplying each one with a grade result is a good mini project for a starter VBAer.

This will teach the basics of:

If statements

Do while loops

and basic language. (offset, range, activecells) ect

Happy excelling!

Soliddrew

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:41 AM
  • Hi,

Can you give us more details on your fields or on the course you are giving.

Cheers

Many

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 2:01 PM

Thanks! 
    • Merged by David_JunFeng Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:27 AM duplicated
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:59 PM
  • I dont have enough with information. The said that any idea that is realistic should be good enough.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:00 PM
  • Would you inform the further detail?
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:23 PM
  • What I know is that the size of the project should take about 40 hours to be completed.
    Monday, February 22, 2016 7:45 PM
  • >>>What I know is that the size of the project should take about 40 hours to be completed.

According to your description, I suggest that you could design the VBA project based on students have learned knowledge, then decide this VBA project to achieve what is target.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:16 AM
  • Of course it is the better options,

the problem with VBA is there is so many things we can do with. The only limit is your imagination and your field. If we suggest a project that concern engineers while your students are from finance then something matter. However, if you really need projet descriptions that target a general comprehension of VBA let us know how we should cook(fork) them.

Cheers

Many

Monday, February 29, 2016 8:44 AM