none
Windows Mobile Device Center desn't start after WinCE Device is connected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate N on my PC. Because this Version deosn't come with the Windows Mobile Device Center I installed WIndows Media Player and after that the 64bit Version 6.1 of the WMDC.

If I now connect my WinCE device to the Win7 PC, I can see "Microsoft USB Sync" device in the device Manager. So the device is connected to the host PC, but the WMDC doesn't start. The Firewall is also disabled for Windows Mobile device connections.

What could be the problem?

Best regards,

Andreas

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:02 AM

All replies

• I hope you installed the WMDC from the below page.Because this is the updated package.Also try to run this package when the device is connected.

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:24 AM
  • Hi Prabu,

yes I have installed WMDC from the link above. I also tried to reinstall the package when the device is connected, but it doesn't help.

Note: The device works fine with WMDC. I have tried it on a PC of an colleague.

Regards,

Andreas

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:49 AM
  • Hi Prabu,

I found the problem, but no solution for it.

The WinCE device was connedted to an Win 7 PC. This Win 7 PC on his part was also connected via remote desktop connection to an other PC. Now I noticed that WMDC doesn't work if the Win 7 PC is connected via remote desktop connection to an other PC.

Why? Is it an IP problem? WinCE does use 192.168.55.100 and 101 as default. How can I change the default IP in WinCE?

Friday, August 10, 2012 8:12 AM