none
Windows app - C# - Reading Hindi Font in Hindi Script RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm developing a Typing Test windows application(c#). Typing in English and Hindi. For Hindi, I'm using "kruti dev 021" font to Textbox and able to display hindi font. However the problem is while reading text from textbox with Hindi font, it is returning in English script. 

Question:

How to read Hindi text from textbox where Hindi font is set? 

Suggest if there is any other way - to allow Hindi typing and read that text in hindi?

Thanks, Ram

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:05 PM

All replies

• Fonts do not exist in memory, they are just a UI thing. So in other words if we use some font to show a character then we might see something totally different for the same character (the value in memory) except using a different font.

So it is not clear what you mean by "it is returning in English script". I admit I don't understand Hindi or any of the other languages with complex characters but I think even people that do understand the language would require clarification.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:54 PM
  • Thank you.

I would like to read whatever font is displaying in textbox. 

What are possible way to type non-english language and read the same language and insert in Database(sql)?

Thanks, Ram

Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:54 AM
  • Hi kodanda ram kanumuri,

You could try to set font of TestBox, and then to read it.

If the font does not exist, you could use TextBox.FontSource Property to set the font source.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:03 AM
  • This is the C# forums, for general C# questions. Please identify what UI framework you are using so we can move your question to the appropriate forums.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:03 PM