VB.NET with MS Access 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• User-760280719 posted

I'm able to connect to MS Access thru my code (VB.NET) on my local computer

But when i'm posting my web page to IIS server, it takes forever to browse that page. It keeps saying loading, but it never loads?? i'm not seeing any error msg, as page never gets loaded

I've IIS 6.0.. .NET 2.0; MS Access 2007 is available on the box...not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Following is the connection string which works perfectly when i'm running this on my desktop

OleDbConnection(

"Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" & _"Data Source=D:\Ideation.accdb; " & _"Persist Security Info=False;")

Any thoughts would be helpful

thank you

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 2:25 PM

All replies

• User-760280719 posted

Thank you for your reply.

things work fine for Access 2003, (which i save my .mdb in App_Data folder).

but, when i used Access 2007 and posted my file on IIS server, it is taking very long to open web page and actually it never opens.

When I tried connecting to Access 2007 database from Visual Studio on the server, it works fine. is there any special setting on IIS to enable .accdb?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:32 PM
  • User-1199946673 posted

is there any special setting on IIS to enable .accdb?

Like I said, everything is explained in the article's!

"If you are deploying a .accdb file, you are using Access 2007, and this has its own provider - the ACE 12.0 OleDb provider. At the time of writing, the ACE provider is only available as part of Microsoft Office Professional or higher, or as a separate download from Microsoft Downloads. It is not installed on any machine by default."

And:

"From a web application perspective, the differences between a .mdb file and a .accdb file are so insignificant that I would always recommend that the .mdb format is used."

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:51 PM
  • User-760280719 posted

yes, we've installed ace 12.0 oledb provider on the server. it works only if we use visual studio environment to run the app.

but it fails when i deployed on IIS.

this accdb is linked to sharepoint 2007 and, there are certain functionalities which are not available on access 2003. so cannot use access 2003

Sunday, June 13, 2010 11:19 AM