What is mandatory resource required to install SQL Server 2005 in cluster environment but not required in SQL Server 2008 R2 and later versions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone!

Could you help me find out, What is mandatory resource required to install SQL Server 2005 in cluster environment but not required in SQL Server 2008 R2 and later versions..

Thanks

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Archana Saini,

>>What is mandatory resource required to install SQL Server 2005 in cluster environment but not required in SQL Server 2008 R2 and later versions.

First thing I can think of is MSDTC. I’m not sure about other ‘resources’ at this moment, could you please elaborate more on the question? What is the actual question here? Are you looking for a comparison list or something else?

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:05 AM
  • Hi Lin,

Thanks for your reply.

I want just complete compare list of the pre-requists of SQL Server 2005 installlation on Cluster and SQL Server 2008 R2 onwards.

In pre-requests, it may be specific services, other components from Windows side like Powershell or .net framework version, etc.

I am new in SQL Server and I would like to increase my knowledge.

So, it would be great if you could share the details about this. OR what other challenges we face in real environment while doing this installation (Service account related, etc).

Thanks in advance

Archana

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi Archana,

>>I want just complete compare list of the pre-requists of SQL Server 2005 installlation on Cluster and SQL Server 2008 R2 onwards.

I don’t have a complete comparison list at this moment, but the information you needed could be found in SQL Server documentation:

For SQL Server 2008 R2 and later, please check the online documentation. That includes the requirements list for SQL Server and the SQL Server Failover cluster pre-installation checklist.

For SQL Server 2005, since the product is out of support and the online documentation is not available anymore , please download the offline documentation from here.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:04 AM