How to call Microsoft's dialog in VSIX custom wizard extensions? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing Project templates for UWP. In default Microsoft's UWP templates, if we click create template, a dialog will be open to ask the target and minimum version of Windows.

I'm creating a custom wizard with custom window to get project configuration details. My goal is, if the user click the OK button of my custom window, the above default dialog should open and get the Target and minimum version from the user and create the project based on it. How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Ganesan R.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:39 PM

All replies

• I'm developing Project templates for UWP. In default Microsoft's UWP templates, if we click create template, a dialog will be open to ask the target and minimum version of Windows.

I'm creating a custom wizard with custom window to get project configuration details. My goal is, if the user click the OK button of my custom window, the above default dialog should open and get the Target and minimum version from the user and create the project based on it. How can I achieve this?

Friday, May 26, 2017 7:00 AM
  • >>How can I achieve this?

According to your description, it seems that you need to create a Custom Wizard Support. For more information about Creating a VSIX Deployable Project (or Item) Template with Custom Wizard Support, please refer to:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vsx/2014/06/10/creating-a-vsix-deployable-project-or-item-template-with-custom-wizard-support/

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 29, 2017 7:32 AM
  • Hi Ganesan,

As this more related to VSIX developing, I will move it to corresponding forum for you to get a quick answer.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 6:22 AM
  • I found a solution. Just added a WizardExtension in my templates .vstemplate file to the assembly Microsoft.VisualStudio.Universal.TemplateWizards like below.

<WizardExtension>

<Assembly>Microsoft.VisualStudio.Universal.TemplateWizards, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a</Assembly> <FullClassName>Microsoft.VisualStudio.Universal.TemplateWizards.PlatformVersion.Wizard</FullClassName> </WizardExtension>

Monday, June 19, 2017 11:14 AM